Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after receiving a sample of Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z7 from some wonderful autopians I went to town.

I did minimal surface prep because I felt like the surface was already in good shape. About three weeks ago, I clayed and P21S gepc the whole car via PC. I could see a few spots that could truly use an abrasive, but decided to forgo that for now and I could see how well Z5 works.

I applied the Z1 and then Z5 and put the car away. I went back a few hours later and still not ready for removal. I had to leave so I left the car in the garage and came back 2 days later and it was such a pita to remove. I now know I applied it to thick. After all the removal (what a pita), the car was very reflective and slick.

I Z6`ed then applied a thin(extremely) coat of Z2 let it dry for about an hour and a half and it came off with ease.

I have now ordered by own stock of Zaino including ZFX and am Patiently waiting its arrival.

Verdict: So Far I am really liking the ZAINO!!!

Before Pics:

Note that there is Z1 on the hood!

Post Thanks / Like
    After Pics:

Light Reflecting On The Hood

Side Reflection

Post Thanks / Like
    Lookin` good bj. I think you will like the Zfx, never used Z1 myself. I put some Z5 on today (1/2 oz with 2 drops of Zfx). By the time I got around the car the first part was dry.

Occasionally I`ll just put a coat of regular Z5 or 2 on, no Zfx.

Used the PC for the first time, with Z, as well. I may be hooked.

Im doin the ML this weekend, can`t decide between zaino or blackfire or klasse. Man, the hardest part of detailing is choosing hehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are in a great position to do a very meaningful experiement. If I remember correctly your Lexus is Klassed. If you Zaino the ML you will have a direct comparison of the two most popular sealants on this forum. You can compare shine, durability, maintaining problems/strong points, depth of finish, reflectivity, etc. Please consider. I strongly suggest going the ZFX route if you decide to try Zaino... 3 cured coats a day is fantastic. :bounce

Sal is not that bad, especially if you correspond via e-mail.

Go Celtics!!! Go Red Sox!!! (I lived in Boston for over 40 years)

Post Thanks / Like
    bj:

When I first saw your pic I thought why would someone wash the car and lay the hose in the middle of the road......then I realize you probably own THAT road:xyxthumbs

Glad you like the result with Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the compliments guys, as soon as I get my ZFX, I will put on some more and post some more pics.

On a side note, I pulled the car out of the garage and some spots seem a bit streaky. The streaks seem to be in the pattern I applied the Z5 in. Do you think another coat of Z5 will help even it out. When I applied my first coat of z5 I used a foam app, then for my coat of Z2 I used a terry and was ably to get it thinner and more even. Which applicator do you guys prefer?

gti:

Yes, that road is my driveway!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I use cotton applicators but actually foam tend to spread more evenly and thinly. I switched because the cotton pads seem softer and marred the black finish less. With ZFX and instant curing this may not be a problem now. A Z7 wash will remove or blend in the streaking. As a matter of fact Z7 wash followed by a Z6 Qd`ing actually improves the shine ( after 24hr curing without ZFX). You will be amazed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

I use cotton applicators but actually foam tend to spread more evenly and thinly. I switched because the cotton pads seem softer and marred the black finish less. With ZFX and instant curing this may not be a problem now. A Z7 wash will remove or blend in the streaking. As a matter of fact Z7 wash followed by a Z6 Qd`ing actually improves the shine ( after 24hr curing without ZFX). You will be amazed.

Good, I was planning a Z7 wash in the hopes that it would help even it all out.

Has anyone else experienced this streaking. Its very subtle and probabaly wouldnt be noticeable on a light car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had some minor streaking that usually fades with Z6, time (curing) or a Z7 wash. My cars are also black. As the layers increase the incidence of streaking decreases. Probably more base polymers to cross-link to and improved technique in applying thin even coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

I have had some minor streaking that usually fades with Z6, time (curing) or a Z7 wash. My cars are also black. As the layers increase the incidence of streaking decreases. Probably more base polymers to cross-link to and improved technique in applying thin even coats.

Thanks for all the quick responses!! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bjwebster

Good, I was planning a Z7 wash in the hopes that it would help even it all out.

Has anyone else experienced this streaking. Its very subtle and probabaly wouldnt be noticeable on a light car.

Yes. I used to get streaks when I first started using Zaino. I am pretty experienced with Zaino now but I get some light smearing every once a while but not every time. It usually happens when I apply too thick. I agree with blkz28conv. ZFX will help and subsequent wash with Z7 always even it out for me!

Hey, great job! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome, BJ. I`m glad to see you experimenting with so many products. Let us know how it looks after the wash and QD.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, after a Z7 wash and some rubbing it looks pretty streak free. Thanks again.

Here is a pic I took a little while ago. Sorta "glows" dontcha think?

Well the pic certainly doesent do the sight justice. I saw it and had to take a pic because it was just glowing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Great!! The great part is that it will actual get even better with each additional coat.

Nice House (Estate)!! I love your landscaping :bounce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information