Post Thanks / Like

Long time lurker, new poster!

Hi everyone,

I figured I would post an introductory since I`m beginning to get more and more into detailing.

I`ve been poking around the forums for a couple years now, mostly searching for information, looking at product reviews and checking out the detailers showcase. Some pretty impressive talent lays within this site, and many other forums as well. And I`m certainly learned a lot from the How To sections, and a lot from trial and error.

I`m from Vermont, and have been detailing cars as a business hobby for about 2 years now and have been detailing my own cars for about 8 or 9 years. It`s been pretty slow, and I don`t mind that yet because I don`t want to jump in too deep before I`m completely prepared with stuff like supplies, business cards, word of mouth, flyers, website stuff, ect.

If anyone would like to take a gander at my website, I would appreciate any constructive criticism, layout ideas, or if something I list is confusing and clashes with something else on my website, things like that. Or if you think something about my pricing is ridiculous, let me know, it`s my first website, and first time pricing out my details, and I tried to base flat rate fee`s off how long I think it would take me to complete.

Jacksons Auto Detailing

I was also wondering what people have done for advertising online, through Facebook or trying to be visible in local areas through online searches.

I might post up a couple cars I`ve done recently this year that I`m pretty happy about, I even CQUK`d my car and it came out great for my first time!

Thanks for reading

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Long time lurker, new poster!

welcome to AF, we`re glad you signed up !

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums! Glad to have you here!

Post Thanks / Like

hi
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quatakai View Post
    Hi everyone,

I figured I would post an introductory since I`m beginning to get more and more into detailing.

I`ve been poking around the forums for a couple years now, mostly searching for information, looking at product reviews and checking out the detailers showcase. Some pretty impressive talent lays within this site, and many other forums as well. And I`m certainly learned a lot from the How To sections, and a lot from trial and error.

I`m from Vermont, and have been detailing cars as a business hobby for about 2 years now and have been detailing my own cars for about 8 or 9 years. It`s been pretty slow, and I don`t mind that yet because I don`t want to jump in too deep before I`m completely prepared with stuff like supplies, business cards, word of mouth, flyers, website stuff, ect.

If anyone would like to take a gander at my website, I would appreciate any constructive criticism, layout ideas, or if something I list is confusing and clashes with something else on my website, things like that. Or if you think something about my pricing is ridiculous, let me know, it`s my first website, and first time pricing out my details, and I tried to base flat rate fee`s off how long I think it would take me to complete.

Jacksons Auto Detailing

I was also wondering what people have done for advertising online, through Facebook or trying to be visible in local areas through online searches.

I might post up a couple cars I`ve done recently this year that I`m pretty happy about, I even CQUK`d my car and it came out great for my first time!

Thanks for reading

Your website looks nice. I would make a couple of changes tho

About Me:

I would rather read more about you (how you got into this business) rather then how you try to stay on top. I would also just briefly mention that you are insured and not talk much about things going wrong. I wouldn`t mention product brands unless they are being given to you

Services:

If you are mobile I would drop the wash and interior services. Otherwise you`ll be running all over town trying to make $30-$50 at a time

Do you offer any polishing or carpet/upholstery cleaning? If not, you should. Your competition will be

Clients/Gallery:

It gets your point across. You can leave that alone

Post Thanks / Like

I now see the additional services (paint polishing etc.) If I were you I would shorten all that. The typical amount of time ppl will spend viewing your site is 120 seconds

Post Thanks / Like

You also should have done an intro thread and THEN made a Critique My Website thread. You would`ve garnered more points for The Kahuna that way

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, thanks for the suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome! This is a very fun forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AF !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Quatakai!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AF! Good looking website. Good pictures and easy to navigate.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums!

Thread Information