Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

"The Absorber"...and more

how many people use this? i purchased it from wal-mart last week. it seems when i dry my car, so far ive used it 3 times, it drags. It feels like there is glue on the car and it wont slide. it holds water good, but doesnt glide like a chamois. just wondering if i have to wash it a few times or what? Also , went to autogeek today here in Stuart, FL. Nice people, i bought ssr 2.5, ex, and PP. cant wait to try it out. also got a sample of the pinnicole microfiber cleaner, anyone use that?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "The Absorber"...and more

I also have one and if laid flat does stick a bit but really does "absorb" and gets all the water with one pass. I usually use only half while pulling with one hand and the other following. It`s great when your running low on MF towels and the vehicle is reallly soaked with water. IMO

Daniel
    :ghost

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be best just to blot with the absorber vs. pulling it. It sticks so tight to the finish that you could easily drag dirt along and scratch the finish...I have many of them and they can last forever, I even use one at the pool in the summer, the Olympic swimmers and divers use them too!! If it`s a car getting ready for a full detail, then by all mean go ahead ..you`ll be removing swirls and scratches anyhow

ps they are great to freeze in the summer and take along on a hike..they can really cool you down
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing that always concerned me with the "Absorber" was the possibility of having some dirt on the vehicle surface that could scratch the paint. The absorber doesn`t allow much tolerance.
    If you use it to blot the water by just laying it on the paint and letting it soak up as much water as it can, it works great. You can then finish the drying process with fewer MF towels.

Charles

Like Poorboy just said

Post Thanks / Like

I myself like the Water Sprite found at NAPA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    It would be best just to blot with the absorber vs. pulling it. It sticks so tight to the finish that you could easily drag dirt along and scratch the finish...I have many of them and they can last forever, I even use one at the pool in the summer, the Olympic swimmers and divers use them too!! If it`s a car getting ready for a full detail, then by all mean go ahead ..you`ll be removing swirls and scratches anyhow

ps they are great to freeze in the summer and take along on a hike..they can really cool you down
    Thanks Steve-

Tis true. But then again, all I have been doing is full details lately. Will keep that in mind and try a different way of drying to help out with less risk of scratches.

Daniel
    :ghost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    The one thing that always concerned me with the "Absorber" was the possibility of having some dirt on the vehicle surface that could scratch the paint. The absorber doesn`t allow much tolerance.
    If you use it to blot the water by just laying it on the paint and letting it soak up as much water as it can, it works great. You can then finish the drying process with fewer MF towels.

Charles

Like Poorboy just said
    I like mine better than the 10.00 waffle weave I purchased
    it just dries the car better than anything I have used so far. The waffle weave left too much water behind and needed to be wiped 2 times before the water would disappear. Plus you cant wring out the water! I bought the big blue from pak sak. Nothing against him.
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

**Re: "The Absorber"...and more**

what about the waffle weave from poorboys? is that a good one?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that is all I used before I started reading threads on here about MF towels. What I used to do is use that, then with my other hand, I would use a MF or have my son follow after with a MF. Now I mostly use MF because I have bought a ton! Still keep em, and if someone requests "chamois dry the car" I will still be able to use them. They really do work good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Thanks Steve. I`ll have to remember that one during the summer when I go biking.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

i really tend to use my absorber to sorta sqeegee the water off. i think that the use of a water blade (to take off the majority of the water) and the absorber to sorta soak in and at the same time slide off the remaining water off, it can really make drying a much more easy going process.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it all the time on cars that will be getting detailed. As for my car I use a waffle weave drying towel. Not sure what brand though.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave my Absorber away. I only use waffle weaves.

Post Thanks / Like

i would definately use a waffle weeve only thing i hear u need probably 2-3 to dry a car. sucks that u cant wring it out. oh and they`re really friggin expensive.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I take the nozzle off the hose on the final rinse and the heavy flow and gravity just pulls the water off my car. I can dry my car easy with one waffle weave. Expensive? Just wait for them to go on sale or as a give away in connection with another deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information