Post Thanks / Like
    From http://www.colemanpowermate.com/pres...rsprayer.shtml

I was checking out some pressure washers and saw this...

----

Cleaning Tips

Here are Kraeutler`s five tips for pressure washing your vehicle at home:

Rinse your car or truck thoroughly. Even if you`ve washed your vehicle recently, there will be some dust and dirt that can be removed with a water spray.

Apply the proper cleaning solution with a pressure washer. Make sure to use a pressure washer-approved so as not to damage your vehicle, pressure washer or lawn. Use smooth, overlapping strokes, starting from the bottom and working your way up.

Use a rotating brush to help loosen stubborn dirt and grime. Why use elbow grease when you have a powerful scrubbing brush with multi-rotating bristles to do the work for you?

Don`t forget the bottom. Just because it can`t be easily seen doesn`t mean it can`t get dirty. Use the angled extension wand to clean your vehicle`s underbelly and wheel wells.

This looks good, though

Wait five to 10 minutes, giving the solution time to work, then rinse with a water spray. Start at the top and work down to ensure the entire area is soap free.

Kraeutler also reminds car washers to pay close attention to both the spray angle and distance while using a pressure washer.

The smallest angle delivers the most powerful spray, so be careful not to damage your paint finish. Spraying too closely could damage an area of your car rather than clean it, so hold the wand a couple of feet from the surface and gradually move closer if additional cleaning power is needed.

"When you`ve finished washing your vehicle, you might want to tackle some other cleaning jobs around the house," says Kraeutler. "For example, the Stow-A-Way 2200 pressure washer is ideal for cleaning driveways and sidewalks, patios and pathways, fences, lawn equipment, boats and ATVs, and dog kennels."

If you want additional power to clean decks and strip paint, Kraeutler recommends checking out Coleman Powermate`s Water Wizard at www.colemanpowermate.com. By clicking on your particular project and cleaning area size, you will be directed to the ideal pressure washer and accessories for the job.

:shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    Why use microfiber towels and the 2-bucket method of washing over several months to gradually introduce a few swirls here and there, when you can get the job done in just a few short minutes with that rotating brush?

That`s the whole purpose of that brush, to introduce swirls, right???

Post Thanks / Like
    ahhhhh!!! :shocked

Since I have joined autopia i have noticed lots of things like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by theveed

starting from the bottom and working your way up.

The only possible explanation for this that I could think of is so the "home detailer" could see where they have already "washed". This way it`s harder to miss spots. As if the swirl marks would not be evidence enough.

P.S. Isn`t funny how 1% of the population (us) finds something terribly wrong with what 99% of the population (them) thinks is a great idea? Food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, what a great idea............. a Power Swirler! :nono
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White_F150

LOL, good one
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Most power washers recommend soaping from bottom to top and rinsing top down. Excluding the swirl inducing attachment, remember applying soap with a PW is a touch free procedure. The reason is almost the same as why we hand wash top down. The bottom is the dirtiest part. If you spray your soap on bottom up, the soap is going to run down the vehicle from the top. Thus, the bottom gets more soap and dwell time.

There is no excuse for those stupid attachments though!
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they got confused. When you power wash the outside walls of your house you start from the bottom. The reason for that is that if you start from the top, the dirt runs down and leaves stains. Maybe if your car is really neglected and filthy it would happen with a car too. :scared
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

--Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White_F150

I liked that one too!

Post Thanks / Like
    People don`t care. I`ve been trying to tell me friends that a automated car wash is about the worst thing you can do to your paint. It`s like explaining Einstein`s general reletivity to a cup of coffee.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Frederf

People don`t care. I`ve been trying to tell me friends that a automated car wash is about the worst thing you can do to your paint. It`s like explaining Einstein`s general reletivity to a cup of coffee.

LOL.

Thread Information