Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    4 Star Platinum Series Product Review

The products were used on my 1989 Honda Accord. The paint is a light blue metallic clearcoat. I am the original owner and the car is parked outside except when I am at work. I’m able to park in a covered parking garage. The car turned 200,000 miles this past Friday and I thought I’d give it a good cleaning to celebrate the milestone. I started in the morning with temps in the mid 70’s and humidity around 80%. Moved to the garage after washing and claying with temps near 90 and humidity still around 80%. (Just typical weather for this time of year in Houston, TX.)

Platinum Series Ultimate Auto Wash Shampoo

The wash shampoo has a nice scent and excellent lubricity and suds. It did a nice job of cleaning.

I then clay barred with Pinnacle PolyClay using the supplied lubricant. It really got the paint clean by the looks of the bar. I threw it in the trash when I finished.

Platinum Series Ultimate Paint Pre-Cleaner

I applied the Paint Pre-Cleaner on a foam pad using my Sears Craftsman 7†Random Orbital polisher. I worked the Paint Pre-Cleaner until it was evenly distributed and starting to haze. I worked one section of the car at a time and removed the product immediately afterward. The Pre-Cleaner was very easy to remove with a microfiber towel. It did a great job of bringing out the shine in the paint and hiding some minor imperfections.

Platinum Series Ultimate Paint Protection

The Ultimate Paint Protection was very easy to apply. I used a microfiber applicator I purchased from CMA and let dry for about 30 minutes. I must have gotten a little heavy as I moved around the car. The Paint Protection was not very difficult to remove but left a lot of haze. This was easily removed with a spritz of water and a microfiber towel. I also lightly sprayed the applicator with Platinum Series Gloss Enhancer. This probably contributed to the hazing. (I read on the website afterwards that the Paint Protection should by applied with a dry applicator.) The results were very impressive. The paint glowed and reflected objects like a mirror. In retrospect, with the high humidity, I should have allowed for a longing drying time.

Platinum Series Gloss Enhancer

I have not used the Gloss Enhancer yet. I just ran out of time and energy to do anything else after I removed the paint protection.

Overall Impressions

The Platinum Series products are excellent. Easy to apply and remove with outstanding results. I will just have to wait and see about durability.

Many thanks to Tim & Rita Miller at TACSAR for the free samples of auto wash, paint protection and gloss enhancer and to Dwayne McPeeks at 4 Star Products for a sample to the paint pre-cleaner.
    2003 Honda Pilot EX-L

1989 Honda Accord LXi

Shine by Poorboy`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Good post ,thanks for the infor.

BTW: I mowed the yard yesterday and summer is on its way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AmsoilAD,

How is the shine on Platinum compare to others like Klasse, Ziano and Blackfire? I wanted to order either one of these and can`t decide.

I heard that Klasse is harder to remove compare to others. What do you think??

Many thanks for your comment!

Post Thanks / Like
    The shine compared to Zaino is softer. More like a carnuba product. I have no experience with Klasse or Blackfire.
    2003 Honda Pilot EX-L

1989 Honda Accord LXi

Shine by Poorboy`s

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also used the Platinum product line. I like them all very much! Love the wash! Smells awesome, and I am comparing them to Wizards Products!

I would compare the Sealant to Klasse (I have had bad experience with Klasses once or twice, but it could have been an opperater error!-love the stuff either way!), Shine Master, and/or Race Glaze. No experience with Blackfire or Zaino (yet).

Overall, thumbs up on the Platinum!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the Platinum series products on my new black acura. All I can say is WOW. Easy on, easy off. I been using the enhancer and tire gel. WOW

The golfer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still waiting on my free samples....

Good review though!

Post Thanks / Like
    have no fear mike, i have hundreds of sample bottles in my garage thanks to our trusty ups man today. the samples will start going out tomorrow. we normally buy sample bottles at a local discount store but there is no way we could have done that for the number of sample requests we received. this is the reason for the delay. anyone wanna` help pour some platinum into sample bottles???? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I was actually beginning to wonder if I had fallen through the cracks so to speak with all the orders you must have received. I know you must have had what seemd like millions to fill, and it`s completely understandable that it takes a bit of time to process each and every one. Like I said originally, I can`t wait to try out the samples and I thank you and Platinum for making it possible! I always get a little that little giddy happy feeling when anticpating trying new stuff, and trying risk free can`t be beat!

Thanks a bunch!

Mike

:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    i always get excited when a new product shows up at my door. people say "what do you use on your car" and i tell them "well this quarter panel has this and half the hood has that, the back quarter has this... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! I`ll have a car ready for the 4 star treatment. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone have Platinum on post some pictures??

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by snake

anyone wanna` help pour some platinum into sample bottles???? lol

I`ll help! Send me a 55gal drum and I would be willing to commit to filling say 20 sample bottles. Just PM me for my address!

-Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered some Platinum wash, sealant, and QD last Sunday and expect to have it soon and use it on our car. But, what are some basic tips/instructions on applying the sealant correctly?

I have a few terry applicators and some Meguiar`s gold class foam ones, so which ones should I use for the Platinum? Do you put it on a section at a time and buff off, or do you do the whole car and then buff after letting it sit? I`m going to use Klasse AIO as a base.

Does it take very long or is it hard to buff off? From what I`ve read, it shouldn`t be, but that` the main reason I`m no longer using the Klasse SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi beach 15. Its been raining in Florida so when I came home from work I washed my black color car and put on the platinum sealant and tire gel in about 1 hour. I use the foam pad with a small amount of sealant "about 1/2 size of a nickel, it goes a long way. Tonight I did one whole side and I went back to take it off. I put on about 3 coats since I bought the car in May. Why don"t try one fender and a door untill you get use to it. All I can say easy on,easy off. Also I used micro fiber towels. One other thing I do and I don`t know if you have to but I use the gloss first. I hope you have good luck waxing your car. Let me know how you make out.

The Golfer :bounce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information