Post Thanks / Like
    allright, the southern california water has finally gotten the best of me. i washed my car a on saturday and have the more persistent waterspots in the history of man. i`ve tried straight white vinegar, meguiars #9, klasse aio, alcohol, windex and simple green. nothing`s worked.

the spots seem to have etched into the paint around the edges of the spots and it`s just killing me. i went ahead and stuck some souveran on there because i didn`t want to klasse over them.

i had klasse on their before but it seems not to have protected against them. how do i take these angry angry waterspots off my carbon black paint? please help! it`s driving me nuts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Water spots here in Manila is pretty bad as well... I washed my car the other night and it rained at around 3am, by 6am (when I woke up), I rinsed the car and dried it, and the spots are there, tried using Meguiar`s Quick Detailer to no avail, went in and used some of the Finish Restorer and the spots were gone without any rubbing, just apply and buff off...

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure they are actually waterspots and not clearcoat etchings?

I have never run into actual waterspots that couldn`t be removed by the methods you have tried so far. Can you feel the waterspots with your finger? or do they feel as smooth as the paint? (you may need to dawn that area to remove the souveran, so you can feel a difference.)

Post Thanks / Like
    no, the paint`s completely smooth. that`s the weird thing. i just put the souveran on, so it`s not in that coat. they seem like clearcoat etching but they are not above the surface at all. i even clayed them and they`re still there. it`s frustrating. i`ll have to get some ppcl or finish restorer to get rid of them it seems. sigh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they look like this by chance?

Nothing is quite as fine, as a nice car with a good shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    not really. they look like a fine line of white outlining where the spots of water were. i can`t imagine that it has anything to do with clearcoat failure like that photo, my car is only 2 months old. sad, so young, so spotty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this sounds kinda stupid but it worked for me. I tried a few things, and found out that for some reason Mothers Reflections polish removed water spots from my car. I use Zaino most of the time but did not want to Z over the spots so I tried Mothers and they are gone.

I live in SoCal to and have to use one of those as seen on TV revlutionizers for water spots. Its a nozzle that contains a media filter to remove the hard mineral from the water. it looks really lame when you use it though, guess it could be no worse then a toro leaf blower.
    Joe Rush

Blue-Black Metallic

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

----------------------------

Wild Strawberry

1990 Ford Mustang GT

Thread Information