Thread: Vinylx

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of weeks ago, I completely detailed the interior of my cars and tried Vinylx for the first time. I was really happy with the low sheen that it provided on the dash and plastic. I washed my wife`s car today and decided to use it on plastic trim on the exterior and the tires. Needless to say, it rained a couple of hours later and now I have streaks in the trim and it appears to be run off onto the paint. I applied the Vinylx with a viking applicator and let it sit for about 5 min. then took a towel to rub out the excess. Has this happend with anyone else with Vinylx? Was it an error in application? Or did it just need to sit longer before getting wet? Does 303 do the same thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a common problem with all water-based dressings. Vinylex is no better or worse that any of the others in this regard.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    DavidB,

Are there any products non water based, which you would recommend to prevent this from happening in the future?

Post Thanks / Like
    I switched to One Grand ERV and my bleeding problems were

solved.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem with Vinylex and 303. Never used One Grand ERV.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine a product like Meguiar`s Endurance would prevent streaking. Do a Search on it and read some comments.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe try something like Zaino Z2 or Klasse on any smooth trim. It seems to darken the trim and it also lasts... And for the tires, something like Meguiar`s Endurance or TW Tire Gel will provide a high-gloss without the "running."

Post Thanks / Like
    No, endurance does the same thing.

Been there, done that.

I`m thinking of trying Meguair`s Natural Shine.

Anyone have exxperience using this on exterior trim?
    `05 Green Pathfinder SE Off-Road

`10 Silver Prius...um, yeah

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SoTex,

Meg Natural Shine will run and streak after a rain just like the others. I found this out first hand .

I`ve heard that Meg GC Trim Detailer is pretty good and a little thicker than Mothers B to B. I`ll have to give it a try soon.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used both the Mother`s B to B and the Meguiar`s GC Trim Detailer and the Meguiars is much thicker and longer lasting than the Mothers. It also resists running and streaking quite well even with the almost daily rains we have been experiencing lately.

Thread Information