Post Thanks / Like
    We just bought a `95 Mercedes C280 for my wife. Get this- 45,000 miles on the clock. Seriously! We paid $16k. An ok price- we knew that going in- but all of the comparable models in town had like 80,000 miles. It`s even one of those "certified pre-owned" Mercedes, for whatever that is worth.

The car is seven years old and it is obvious that the seats have not been ever been conditioned. They are in outstanding shape, due to the infrequent usage- not a single crack or worn area- but they are bone dry. The whole interior is that way. Clean, in good shape, but has obviously never been treated with a single product.

What should I use on the leather seats? I would like to first clean and then condition. The seats are the perforated kind with the little holes in them. Is there anything that is especially good for seats that have never been condidioned?
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got the same problem on the passenger seat in my car. It`s bone dry too.

I`ve tried Lexol products, and Connolly Hide Food -- none have softened up the leather to anything resembling leather. Its condition now resembles hard vinyl (that bad)!! I`ve let the products that I`ve used soak into the leather for hours, but nothing has helped to soften it up.

I haven`t tried Leatherique`s Rejuvenator Oil though....I think it`s worth a try from all I`ve heard from the people who`ve used it.

If anyone has suggestions, I wanna hear them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude

Leatherique should work great for you, it was intended as a restoration product for really neglected leather. It`s a pretty simple process that give amazing results. Check out www.leatherique.com for more info.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Leatherique is the way to go here.
    Regards

Michael H

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Griot`s leather rejuvinator, followed by subsequent applications of Z10 (Zaino Leather in a Bottle) for the seats in my 98 Blazer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found Lexol-NF to work wonders in softening my (clearcoated) rear seat that I tested it on. No darkening or tackiness either :up

As usual, Showroom is right on the money. Leatherique works awesome at restoring leather and maintaining it. You will see all the dirt and oil float to the surface of the leather once the rejuvenator oil forces that crap out. I found that even on clearcoated leather it really does a good job. Smoothes it out and softens up the hide a lot. People think our Mercedes ML has non-factory leather because it is so soft . Check this picture of this guy`s CL55 after leatherique treatment.

I don`t know what u guys are talking about, the pic worked on my computer :p . J/k

Post Thanks / Like
    AlBoston, where`s the pic?

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto Intermezzo`s comment... let`s see it!

sorry, there is the pic!

Post Thanks / Like
    But what does it have to do with Leatherique? Sure, it`s a picture of a treated interior but it says nothing to me about the performance of the product. How about a side by side before and after?

EDIT: Wait, that`s not a pretty pic! What`s up with the stained floormats?

EDIT2: Or are they just not brushed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey "All Boston" I just wanted to apologize about being a jerk to you in previous circumstances. Sorry about that and hope we can start over.

:xyxthumbs :bounce

Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Use plenty of the Rejuvenator Oil. Apply it by hand (I pour it into my cupped hand and then work it into the leather). Afterward, park the car in the sun to heat it up for a few hours (absorbs better when warm/hot), and then wipe off any excess. Follow it with the Pristine Clean. Repeat the procedure again after about a week, or as needed.

Enjoy.

E

Thread Information