Thread: Dawn Recipies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometime soon, when I have a free, warm weekend I wan`t to do a complete detailing, probably involving zaino or klasse. I`ve been lurking for a while and everyone seems to say "Dawn wash your car" before applying these products. My question is, how much dawn per how much water do you use?

might be a stupid question but I haven`t seen this info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use those big white buckets that have bulk kitty litter or peanut butter in them, they are measured in gallons. If I am going to use Dawn I fill just the bottom of the bucket with soap and wash the car. After I go around the car I wash it a second time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum.

About an once of DAWN per gallon of water works well.

Please feel free to deviate from that amount.

Good Luck and hopefully warm weather will be there soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am doing the Klasse thing on a brand new car. I am sure the dealer put wax on it, because the couple of times I washed it it beaded water. So I have two questions, first will Dawn cause any harm to new paint. Second, would it make sense to just let the dealers wax serve it`s purpose and wear off by itself. Btw they did some very minor swirling that I believe I will get out AIO and SG. The car is a garage queen. deserttoy

Also, could someone please review the correct order for doing this detail job with Klasse? thanx:nixweiss I do plan on 3 coats of SG followed by a Souveran topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    You pretty much gave the correct order yourself. Dawn wash,

AIO, SG,SG,SG, Souveran. If you really want to spend more time on paint surface, clay the car after Dawn wash, then wash again before AIO, SG....:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

-Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by deserttoy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I too am doing the Klasse thing on a brand new car. I am sure the dealer put wax on it, because the couple of times I washed it it beaded water. So I have two questions, first will Dawn cause any harm to new paint. Second, would it make sense to just let the dealers wax serve it`s purpose and wear off by itself. Btw they did some very minor swirling that I believe I will get out AIO and SG. The car is a garage queen. deserttoy

Also, could someone please review the correct order for doing this detail job with Klasse? thanx:nixweiss I do plan on 3 coats of SG followed by a Souveran topper. [/b]</blockquote>
    Dawn will not hurt your car, just use it when you want to strip the wax otherwise your car will not have anything on the paint to protect it from the sun or whatever may harm it.

I would strip the dealers crap asap and just throw on a layer of wax if you don`t have the time to go nuts and spend an entire day on it. Anything is better than their junk.

VERY minor swirls can be removed by All In One, possibly even a layer of wax (for micro swirls).

If you want to use 3 layers of Klasse Glaze and wax this is what I would do.

*Dawn wash
    *Clay if your paint isn`t smooth
    *Use an abrasive polish because your non-abrasive polish will fade away before your sealent does it`s dumb to have the top layer last a long time while you need to remove it to re-layer your first coat.
    *Use two layers of All In One (for shine and smoothness)
    *Use three layers of Glaze
    *Use your wax of choice

Thread Information