Thread: dusting

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you use a feather duster or something similar to clean the dust from the center console area? I dont have the space or money to buy an air comp. right now, but everytime i clean the wood and the radio and instrument pannel with these soft flannel cloths i have it bothers me like if im scrating these surfaces.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    The key is to remove the dust without spreading it around. For light dust, I use a Viper microfiber cloth, which I keep in the car for this purpose (I get funny looks at intersection). The California Car Duster folks have a mini duster for this purpose, but I have not tried it.
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have good results with swiffer

Allso a damp MF followed by a dry MF works fine for me

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use a Mf and like most here keep it in the truck at all times and clean while stopped or have the chance. THey are great at picking up dust. I have them throughout the house and are the best TV duster anywhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    As cvcaelen stated, try a product called Swiffer. They are available at any supermarket. You lightly drag the cloth across the console and it picks up all the dust. These things really are amazing. Pledge and other companies make products similar to the Swiffer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Swiffers & MF`s are great if the dirt isn`t embedded in the crevices that are often present on center consoles - around buttons, shifter boots, ash trays, etc.

To clean those crevices, I have a very soft 100% camel hair paint brush that I cut all but 1" of the bristles off. I then wrapped electrical tape around the metal part of the brush to protect from accidental scratching. I use this brush to aggetate (sp?) the crevices (dry), and then I hit `em with the MF.

Just a suggestion that might help some more. I`ve never had a scratching problem with the brush - make sure you get a good one if you decide to try it (1" wide brush @ Lowes = $12).

Post Thanks / Like
    I received a Swiffer for Christmas and still have it in the box. LOL.

Thanks for the tip.

Phil

Swiffer tip: stay away from swirl prone plastic, chrome, and wood. The swiffer wasn`t durable enought on my rough VW dash to stay in tact, the long fiber kept pulling off the cloth.

I like using a sponge stain applicator with the pointed tips, the small ones do a great job in small nooks and crannies like air vents. Microfiber is probably the best way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is this Swiffer product. I dont think I`ve ever heard of it or seen it really. How would you all compare it to a California duster. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the warning, I mean information Deputy. Do you all actually use that product to dust your cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    The single sheets work very well. Do not use anything else but the original Swiffer single sheets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried that dusting glove thing that the folks that make Pledge make? It looks sort of interesting. It works well for your house. My wife is a clean freak and she has used it before.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Thread Information