Post Thanks / Like

What is wrong with my LSP`s!

For some reason, every time I go to do my LSP it sticks...But I polished the surface and it slick, but when I apply it seems to stick and make lines on the paint. I dont see it spreading like "butter" and it takes so much prodcut to spread it and alot of DS to remove it. It is not the wax, for I have used them all, Adams, Zaino, PB`s etc... I wax indoors and it with the body not being to hot...

Any help would be nice it is an ongoing mess, please help!

Andrew, happy labor day

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is wrong with my LSP`s!

mist u`re applicator with ds. as long as u can see some type of residue, even if its barely visible, u`re spreading it fine. u dont need to really see a white haze to apply.

humidity seems to play a factor when i get those problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Your supplies aren`t stored somewhere where they experience extreme heat are they - like in an outside garage or non air conditioned building? If so, that may have soemthing to do with it.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I store mine in an outdoor garage and have never had any problems with it. What is the humidity like when doing this? What are you using to apply the wax?

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

AIs older wax residue still there? Are you using a degreaser or claying to start again? Just thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it was one of the polishes you used before? I found it difficult to apply a thin layer of EX-P by hand so I decided to use a finishing pad and PC and that makes it 100x better. For carnauba by hand, I haven`t hand any issues to date...
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies! I clay and polish before LSP. What is the 50/50 mix that guys talk about to remove residue, doesn`t that streak when used to remove any residues?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the 50 water /50 rubbing alcohol method to remove polishes that are difficult to remove. I believe if you use this method it would remove the protection aswell... That may not be the same 50/50 your talking about and if it isn`t sorry. This method did an allright job, but it used many MF`s because once they got wet, it didn`t work that great. So this isn`t very helpful... but I guess just keep trying until you find a combo that works for you.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve found that dampening foam applicators causes this problem big time. If I`m putting an LSP on by hand, I usually use a Meguiar`s microfiber wax applicator or a squished (folded into about a 3" x 3" surface area) microfiber towel.

I also find that if it is sticking, reapplying right over top usually loosens the problem area, and if you didn`t add additional product, puts a thin enough coat on to remove easily after the wax / sealant hazes.

Post Thanks / Like

i get that on dark colours sometimes, the streaks normally come off with the qd afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

You might need to strip your paint bare and start over. Sometimes it`s the best way. The first time I used Collinite it worked well, but not as good as everyone said. This time, I stripped the paint using DC1 followed by a good rubbing with #9 Swirl Remover. Then 2 coats of NXT topped by 3 coats of #845. Over three weeks, lots of rain, several hundred miles and a few washes later it`s beading almost like it was freshly applied...and the car is currently dirty. While rinsing after a wash, all but the highest wear areas: front bumper, directly behind the wheels, are beading like it was just applied. The other mentioned areas have dropped off, but just a little.

I think highway splash is more harmful than in-town splash due to the speeds involved.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information